My Wish for You

 
 



Last night I sat at the bedside of a tiny baby girl. With one finger, I held her little hand as she laid there slowly dying. With all the tubes and lines coming out from her little body, and with death close by, she held onto life.

As I watched her breath, I thought about how this baby girl would never have the opportunity to experience life. She would never know what cotton candy tastes like or how it melts in your mouth. She would never have a boy pull her hair or a friend to keep her secrets.
She would never know the feeling of mud between her toes, the smell of her mothers cooking or the comfort of having daddy keep her safe from the monsters in the closet. She would never fail, she would never know loss and she would never fall in love. What a waste, I thought. It was then that I realised something. How many times do we waste life because we are too afraid to live it? We have these opportunities that we don't take because we let our circumstances and limiting beliefs keep us from possible futures.

I know some of you have it very hard. You want answers to why things are the way they are. You have known rejection. You have known fear. You have known loss and you have known loneliness. You have taken chances only to have your heart broken. I can't tell you why the world is as it is. I only know that we can't control what happens to us. Life is neutural. It doesn't have rules. It just is. We can however, like the little baby girl, choose to fight till our last breath. We can choose to live and love and experience life- no matter what the outcome will be.

My only wish for you is this, that you find passion and courage to live your life to it's fullest -
I hope you dance!

1 comment: